The first Plomari village, today called Megalochori, had two harbours. Melinta and Potamos, today’s Plomari. Due to its climate Megalochori is called ‘Switzerland of Lesvos’. It has two majestic historical churches and it is the home of sage Benjamin of Lesvos (1759-1824). Following the flow of Selanta River the Trekking Trail ends up in Melinta, right on the footsteps of the muleteers of the past. Always descending and moving on trails or small rural roads among the olive grove terraces, it comes across three chapels (Panagia Aidoniatissa, Archangel Gabriel, and Archangel Michael). Then lower, at the Mylos location, the trekkers have two options: a) To continue descending and visit the traditional settlement of Palaiochori or b) turn and ascend to the semi abandoned settlement of Kournela and from there descend to Melinta.